1 in every 9 people in the world do not have enough to eat.
We don’t think it’s right — so we’re doing something about it through World Vision’s 30 Hour Famine! Support Our Group as We Go Without Food For 30 Hours!
HOW THE FAMINE WORKS:
1. Students LEARN the truth about global hunger and discover what God wants us all to do about it.
2. We RAISE FUNDS to fight hunger (that’s where YOU come in).
3. We grow closer to God and each other as we FAST FOR 30 HOURS.
4. LIVES ARE CHANGED because of the money we’ve raised!
SUPPORT A STUDENT AND HELP THE HUNGRY AT THE SAME TIME!
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO SUPPORT US?
1. Donate ANY amount to our cause to help us reach our $2,500 goal Donate at our
table in the foyer OR online at 30 Hour Famine – Northwest Youth Team and
click the Support Us button
2. Sign up to participate in the Chili & Cake Cook-Off/Celebration and/or come and EAT!
3. Share our donation page (on the NWB website) with your family and friends and ask THEM to donate – 30 Hour Famine – Northwest Youth Team
4. Pray for us during famine weekend and throughout the month of February
5. Fast along with us from after breakfast on Friday morning thru 2:00pm on Saturday
THE FUNDS WE RAISE WILL HELP KIDS AND FAMILIES BY PROVIDING THINGS
LIKE: Farming education, seeds, and tools | Clean water sources and irrigation systems | Improved food storage | Farm animals like cows, goats, and chickens | Nutrition classes | Emergency food supplies | Emergency feeding clinics
On February 22nd and 23rd, we will be going hungry ourselves – for 30 hours. While we fast, we’ll play crazy-fun games, hang out with our friends, have a sleepover at church, get closer to God… and become 30 Hour Famine survivors!
Finally we will FEAST with a Chili Cook-Off after 2nd service on Sunday, February 24th . If you think you make the best Chili or Chocolate dessert around sign up to compete! We’ll all taste and enjoy and the youth will VOTE – the winners get a silly prize and bragging rights until next year!
Questions? Please contact Carlene Silva: