Help us go to camp and we’ll help YOU start the summer with more space in your home, and extra cash in your pocket!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Sign Up so we know you are participating!!! We will then provide you with a kit for tagging and pricing.
- Choose your consignment %
- If you tag all of your items and drop them off then you get 70% and the Youth get 30% of the sale price
- If you tag all items but have us come and pick them up then you get 60% and the Youth get 40% of the sale price
- If you donate items but ask us to pick them up and tag/price them you get 50% and the Youth get 50% of the sale price
- Go through your home and decide what you want to sell – clean it, price it, tag it, and drop it off during our drop-off times.
- Don’t forget to let us know if you approve of selling items at ½ off during the last 4 hours of the sale
- Pick-up any leftover items after the sale (unless you have asked us to donate them for you)
- Get a check in the mail!
CONSIGNMENT DROP OFF DATES:
– Thursday, May 18: 6:00pm – 8:00pm,
– Saturday, May 20: 9:00am – Noon, and after church Sundays May 7, 14, and 21
– Friday, May 26: 10:00am – 8:00pm
– Saturday, May 27: 8:00am – 3:00pm (half-off from 12pm to 3pm)
PICK UP LEFTOVER ITEMS:
– Saturday, May 27: 3:00pm – 5:00pm
– Sunday, May 28: After church until 2:00pm – anything after this time will be donated to Goodwill unless prior arrangements have been made.
– Checks will be mailed out Friday June 2nd (or earlier)
- Furniture in good condition – clean and well maintained (nothing cracked, missing nobs, wobbly etc)
- Baby furniture and equipment
- Boy’s sizes 0-20, girl’s sizes 0-16 and junior sizes 1-11 in teen styles. All must be no more than 1-2 years old, clean and odor-free.
- Infant clothing – priced competitively – its abundant!
- Adult Clothing in EXCELLENT condition – must be style-relevant, lightly worn (not faded/no pilling etc), clean, and odor free.
- Shoes in excellent condition
- Nursery accessories
- High quality toys, books and video games
- Sports accessories
- Maternity clothing -in style and in good condition
- Household Items – if complete sets and in great condition
WE DON’T ACCEPT:
- Recalled Items. Go here: https://www.saferproducts.gov to search for reports and recalls.
- Out-of-date clothing – It will not sell!
- Any item that is stained, torn or extremely worn.
- Items with missing buttons, broken zippers or lost parts.
- Battery operated toys without batteries.
- Baby equipment that is not clean or has been recalled.
- Bags of loose toys unless theme oriented (i.e. bags of all army toys, all McDonald toys, Barbie toys all cars and trucks, etc.)
- Knick-knacks, figurines, pictures, decorative items etc
- Stuffed Animals
Remember – Consignment carries a much higher-quality expectation than rummage/garage sales.
TIPS & TRICKS:
DON’T sell things with stains, tears, missing pieces, or that are broken. EVER. Selling sub-par items lowers the integrity of a sale’s reputation.
DON’T sell ANYTHING that has been recalled. Not only is it unethical, it’s illegal. Search the CPSC list of recalls: children’s items not including toys, and toys at this website: https://www.cpsc.gov/ Keep in mind most car-seats can’t be resold after 5 years. Most sales make you sign a waiver saying you won’t sell anything on the recall list; note that this makes it YOUR responsibility to comply!
DON’T overprice your items. Your goal is to get rid of the useless things and make room for and money to buy what you need now, right? With that in mind, try to take emotion out of it (aw, I LOVED that dress) and steer your brain toward what you’d pay for it (if I were buying it right now, USED, I wouldn’t pay more than ___). Keep in mind that retail stores run sales and have promotions with deep discounts so charging $15 for a used top, unless it’s a premium/luxury brand, isn’t going to get it sold. If you need help with pricing take a pic with your phone and text it to a couple friends asking what they would pay. (or invite them over and make a party of it!) Here is a guide to pricing to help – note that when it says 30% of retail it doesn’t mean 30% off retail – 30% OF translates to 70% OFF.
Bargain Brands – Kohls, Circo, Carters – Retails < $10 = Resell at $1-$4
Basic Brands – Old Navy, OshKosh – Retails $5-$15 = Resell at $3-$6
Better Brands – Gymboree, Gap, Polo, Abercrombie – Retails $10-$20 = Resell at $4-$10
Boutique/Luxury Brands – Resell at 25%-30% of retail price
Toys, Gear, Video Games, Books etc – 30% of retail price (for electronics look online for price guidance – what’s it selling for used on Amazon/Craigslist/eBay etc… Some games are more popular and valuable than others)
CONTACT CARLENE SILVA WITH ANY QUESTIONS!
Phone or Text: 414-699-7664
Would you like a printable version of the above information? Just download any of the PDFs below!
Note: A PDF reader (Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit Reader, etc) may be required to view.