Announcements & Updates
for Sunday, September 12, 2021
- Back to Church Sunday & Church Picnic – Sunday, September 19 is Back to Church Sunday. As part of Who’s Your One, please prayerfully consider who you would like to invite to church. Following the worship service there will be a church picnic outside on the lawn.
Here are a few quick reminders for Back to Church Sunday:
- We will not be having Sunday School during the 9:00 AM hour so we can set up for the church picnic. If you can come during that time, your help would be greatly appreciated!
- In preparation for the 19th, we are seeking volunteers to help in a few key areas: Welcome Center, Children’s Church, Nursery, Picnic set-up, Picnic tear-down, and Guest follow-up. Sign up in the Foyer.
- What to bring:
- Lawn chair/s or a blanket to sit on
- If your last name begins with A-L, please bring a dessert. If your last name begins with M-Z, please bring a side dish. The church will provide burgers and brats, as well as drinks, plates, utensils, etc.
- Church Cleaning Day – There will be a church cleaning day on Saturday, September 18 from 8:30 AM-12:30 PM. Come and help get the church building and grounds ready for Back to Church Sunday. Lunch will be served. Please sign up in the Foyer so we can plan how many lunches to make. Contact Pastor Bill if you have questions.
- Calling All Tutors! – All tutors for Reading 4 Success are required to attend a training meeting on September 22 @ 5:30-6:45 PM. At the meeting, tutors will sign contracts to affirm a commitment to tutoring during this school year. The tutoring session will run from September 29-December 15 and will resume in the spring from February 2-June 1. This is a very important year to support families in our community whose children may have struggled with virtual learning. See Melissa Springer if you have questions.
- Grounded: Standing Firm in a Shaking World – Ladies, you have the amazing opportunity to attend this live stream conference from the comfort of your own church! We will gather with plenty of room for social distancing on October 8 & 9, starting at 12:30-9 PM on Friday and concluding from 7:30 AM-4:00 PM on Saturday. You can join at any time during this time frame. God’s Word will refresh your soul and equip you for this unique time in history! Speakers will include: Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth, Mary Kassian, Chris Brooks, Laura Beth Perry, Kim Cash Tate, and the worship leaders will be Shane & Shane. See Melissa Springer if you have questions.
- Children’s Ministry Volunteers Needed – The Children’s Ministry and the Nursery are looking for volunteers to help on Sunday mornings during 9:00 AM Sunday School. If you are interested, stop at the table in the Foyer and leave your name and number on the sheet. Contact Kathy Vogel, Karen Rogers, or Kristine Purcell if you have questions or concerns.
- Let Your Light Shine: MWBC State Missions Offering – September is the month of prayer for state missions. Follow the Minnesota-Wisconsin Baptist Convention on Facebook to receive prayer requests and updates here: MWBC Pray. Download a prayer calendar here. And if you feel led to give to the MWBC State Missions Offering, visit mwbc.org/state-missions-offering.
- Wednesday Night Prayer – Join us Wednesday evenings at 6:00 PM in person at NWBC and online for a time of prayer and small group discussion. If attending in person, we will meet in the Administration Building. If attending online, visit zoom.us/j/628735214 or dial 1-312-626-6799. If prompted for a meeting ID, enter 628 735 214.
- RightNow Media – Through Northwest and RightNow Media, you now have free, unlimited access to over 20,000 Christian discipleship videos for kids, youth and adults. Last week, RightNow sent out invite emails to church members and attenders. Check your inbox, open the email and click “Get Started” – it’s that easy! For visitors and those that have not received an invite email, visit nwbc-tosa.org/rightnow to sign up!
- Prayer Requests – If you are in need of prayer, know someone who is in need of prayer, or have a praise you would like to share, we would love to pray for you. Prayer requests can be submitted using our online prayer request form at nwbc-tosa.org/prayer. Requests are sent directly to our pastors.
- Giving at Northwest – There are two ways to give at Northwest:
- Online: Visit our online giving page at nwbc-tosa.org/give.
- In Person: Tithes/Offerings can be left in the Offering Box to the left of the Sanctuary exit door.
Looking for a printable version of the announcements? Click the button below: