Announcements & Updates
for Sunday, June 20, 2021
- Reading 4 Success Reunion! – God has allowed us to develop relationships with children and families through our Reading 4 Success ministry at Emerson School, and we know that it has been a difficult year for many. We are looking forward to an opportunity to reconnect this fall! On Sunday, June 27 at 12 PM, we will hold a short meeting with refreshments for returning tutors and people exploring whether our tutoring program would be a good fit for them. Youth ages 14 and up are encouraged to join us! If you are interested in attended, please sign up in the Foyer or online here. If you have questions, please see Melissa Springer.
- Prayer Walk and Drive-Thru Prayer – On Tuesday, June 29 at 6:00 PM there will be an informational meeting for our Summer Prayer Walk and Drive-Thru Prayer ministry. On Tuesday evenings from 6:00-7:00 PM, July 6-August 17, we will walk our neighborhood and pray with those in our community. If you are unable to walk, the Drive-Thru Prayer option is a great fit. If you are interested in being a part of this impactful ministry, please sign up to attend the meeting in the Foyer or online here. Contact Bonnie Lee if you have questions.
- Explorer’s Group – Do you have questions about what Northwest Baptist believes and how we put those beliefs into practice? Have you ever wondered how you might fit into a church family and learn to use the unique gifts God has given you? If so, join us for the Explorer’s Group, a 6-week class starting Sunday, July 11 at 9:00 AM in the Administration Building. Sign up in the Foyer or online here.
- Women’s Ministry Coffee – The ladies of Northwest are invited to a Women’s Ministry Coffee on Saturday, July 24 from 10:00-11:30 AM. The gathering will be held at Bonnie Lee’s home. If you are interested in attending, please sign up in the Foyer or online here. See Dee Hamer or Bonnie Lee if you have questions.
- Northwest COVID Response Update – Effective Sunday June 6, 2021, Northwest has eliminated our requirement for masks and social distancing for those fully vaccinated. For the purposes of this guidance, people are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 ≥2 weeks after they have received the 2nd dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or ≥2 weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson/Janssen).We will still encourage members and attenders who have not been fully vaccinated to continue to wear masks and socially distance. If you have not been vaccinated, please consider going to vaccines.gov to find a location. And, we want to emphasize that, regardless of vaccinated status, people are welcome to wear masks and socially distance if desired for as long as they like. We will continue to offer online worship services, and other gatherings and events will also be offered with an online option where practical.
- Scripture Readers – As a way to get more people involved in the worship service, we are looking for people that would be interested in reading the scripture passage before the sermon on Sunday mornings. Please see or contact Pastor Paul if interested.
- RightNow Media – Through Northwest and RightNow Media, you now have free, unlimited access to over 20,000 Christian discipleship videos for kids, youth and adults. Last week, RightNow sent out invite emails to church members and attenders. Check your inbox, open the email and click “Get Started” – it’s that easy! For visitors and those that have not received an invite email, visit nwbc-tosa.org/rightnow to sign up!
- Wednesday Online Prayer & Small Group – Join us Wednesday evenings from 6:00-8:00 PM online for a time of prayer and small group discussion. To join the meeting, download the Zoom app, visit the Zoom website, or dial in by phone (1-312-626-6799). Enter the Meeting ID 628 735 214. More information is posted here.
- Prayer Requests – If you are in need of prayer, know someone who is in need of prayer, or have a praise you would like to share, we would love to pray for you. Prayer requests can be submitted using our online prayer request form at nwbc-tosa.org/prayer. Requests are sent directly to our pastors.
- Giving – Our church offers online giving. To give online, Click here. For those who are used to giving on Sunday via a check, we are also able to accept those through the mail (4373 N. 92nd St. Wauwatosa, WI 53222).
Looking for a printable version of the announcements? Click the button below: