Announcements & Updates
for Sunday, December 5, 2021
- Budget Business Meeting – There is a meeting to discuss and vote on the 2022 Church Budget today. The Meeting will be held in the Sanctuary following the worship service.
- Women’s Ministry Christmas Party – Ladies, save the date for the Women’s Ministry Christmas Party on Friday, December 10, 6:00 PM at Maxim’s Restaurant (18025 W. Capitol Dr. Brookfield). Bring an ornament to exchange. If you’ve been a part of secret sister, don’t forget to bring a gift. If not a part, bring a small gift to exchange with someone else who did not participate. RSVP online or on the signup sheet in the Foyer. Contact Dee Hamer if you have questions.
- Children’s Cookie Decorating Party – Children ages 5 through 5th grade are invited to a Christmas cookie decorating party and gifts on Sunday, December 12 from 12:30-1:30 PM. See Kathy Vogel, Karen Rogers, or Kristine Purcell if you have questions
- Lottie Moon Christmas Offering – Northwest is collecting the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. Named in honor of the missionary to China who urged churches to start and to give sacrificially, this offering is collected by fellow believers around the world in support of international missions. 100% of donations made to the LMCO go to missionaries worldwide. If you would like to donate to the LMCO, visit nwbc-tosa.org/lottie or pick up an offering envelope at the Welcome Center or the Lottie Moon Post Office.
- R4S Christmas Celebration – Bring your family and get ready to have some fun at the Reading 4 Success Christmas Celebration on Wednesday, December 15 at 5:30 PM! We will hear and act out the Christmas story (everyone can participate), eat Christmas cookies and snacks, do Christmas crafts, and sing Christmas carols. RSVP by Sunday, December 12 to Melissa Springer.
- Christmas Eve Candlelight Service – Northwest invites you to join us for our Christmas Eve Candlelight Service on Friday, December 24 at 6:00 PM in person or online. This service is a favorite time for our church every year! We will sing familiar Christmas hymns, hear the story of Christ’s birth in scripture, and finish the service with a congregational candle lighting ceremony.
- Wednesday Night Prayer – Join us Wednesday evenings at 6:00 PM in person at NWBC and online for a time of prayer and small group discussion. If attending in person, we will meet in the Administration Building. If attending online, visit zoom.us/j/628735214 or dial 1-312-626-6799. If prompted for a meeting ID, enter 628 735 214.
- Children’s Ministry Volunteers Needed – The Children’s Ministry and the Nursery are looking for volunteers to help on Sunday mornings during 9:00 AM Sunday School. If you are interested, stop at the table in the Foyer and leave your name and number on the sheet. Contact Kathy Vogel, Karen Rogers, or Kristine Purcell if you have questions or concerns.
- RightNow Media – Through Northwest and RightNow Media, you now have free, unlimited access to over 20,000 Christian discipleship videos for kids, youth and adults. Last week, RightNow sent out invite emails to church members and attenders. Check your inbox, open the email and click “Get Started” – it’s that easy! For visitors and those that have not received an invite email, visit nwbc-tosa.org/rightnow to sign up!
- Prayer Requests – If you are in need of prayer, know someone who is in need of prayer, or have a praise you would like to share, we would love to pray for you. Prayer requests can be submitted using our online prayer request form at nwbc-tosa.org/prayer. Requests are sent directly to our pastors.
- Giving at Northwest – There are two ways to give at Northwest:
- Online: Visit our online giving page at nwbc-tosa.org/give.
- In Person: Tithes/Offerings can be left in the Offering Box to the left of the Sanctuary exit door.
Looking for a printable version of the announcements? Click the button below: