Office Assistant Volunteer Position Posting
IDEAL HOURS OF AVAILABILITY
10:00AM – 2:00PM Monday – Friday
We are flexible with availability but request that the schedule remain as consistent as possible with changes communicated well in advance of changes.
- Answer the phone, take messages, and/or direct callers to the appropriate staff/team member
- Do your best to stay informed about current and upcoming events (reading bulletin and website or by asking those responsible for said event) so that you can communicate information correctly and effectively upon inquiry
- Support pastoral and leadership staff with making photocopies as needed/requested
- Assist with the posting and maintenance of Bulletin Boards and other postings around the church, picking up and return of attendance folders, and other tasks as requested
- Stocking of sanctuary seat pockets, Welcome Desk handouts/flyers, and other flyer handouts throughout the church
- Be aware of the Staff’s Schedule to support inquiries about their availability, and assist in the scheduling of the Lead Pastor’s calendar.
- Assist with administrative functions such as checking/sorting mail, receiving and distributing packages, organize/tidy up the church office and office supplies/materials and let staff know when supplies are low.
- Meet and support visitors and/or external maintenance workers.
- Proactively reach out to Pastoral and Leadership staff to offer support when possible.
SPIRITUAL GIFTS NEEDED
HELPS: 1 Corinthians 12:28 – to render support or assistance to others in the body so as to free them up for ministry
SERVICE: Romans 12:7 – to identify undone tasks in God’s work, however menial, and use available resources to get the job done (Greek Word: diakonia – deacon, attendant ‘diako’=to run errands)
MERCY: Romans 12:8 – to be sensitive toward those who are suffering, whether physically, mentally, or emotionally, so as to feel genuine sympathy with their misery, speaking words of compassion but also caring for them with deeds of love to help alleviate their distress
PRACTICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Self-starter with the ability to complete tasks without supervision
- Comfortable with responding professionally over the phone and through email
- Ability to support multiple people and communicate effectively AND caringly if a request falls outside of your role
- Completely honest and trust-worthy, agreeing in writing to maintain the confidentiality of personal information regarding church members and staff
- Ability to use office computer and copier, and possess basic word processing skills
If you would like to submit an application for this position, click the button below.